Thursday, February 25, 2016

Tiny Spherical Worlds





Composite pictures are intended to create an imaginary situation -for whatever reasons. They are usually presented as one final picture, with added elements from other images, thus changing the meaning of the original. You can not make composite images by just using one picture because composite images themselves are made up from a variety of different photos put together. So if you take one picture only, it is not a composite image.

The different between polar and spherical ''worlds'' is the polar coordinate. In Photoshop, I rotated the circle 180 degrees and then clicked ''polar coordinate''. On the other side, for spherical, I did not rotate it, just leave it the way it is and click polar coordinate. Polar images make me feel like I'm gigantic person looking down to Earth from another planet. And spherical makes me feel so tiny.



I think my tiny worlds are pretty convincing because of the facts that they look surreal and realistic at the same time. Using the stamp tool in Photoshop is a major part of making this project successful. When you are done with everything also known as ''general steps''  and you click polar coordinate, a line will literally show in your picture, and sometimes there will be two different colors too, so yes using a stamp tool is highly recommended in this project rather than using a smudge tool. Blending colors, taking a part of this color and put to the other side to make my worlds look even and convincing is the main goal I had to attain during this project. I don't know why I was struggling with this project, like now when I finally understand the process of it, it is so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment