Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography


HDR means High Dynamic Range, it creates photos with gorgeous, impossible detail and clarity. Also, instead of taking one photo, HDR uses three photos, taken with different exposure, they can combine all of the dark and light side in a photo and make a new photo with a balance lightning. It used for when you took a really nice photo but the lightning is bad. I really like this setting, it might takes a long time to combine all the lightning together to give you a great photo, but it is worth it, trust me!

To create an HDR image step-by-step, you open Photoshop, go to file, automate and then click on merge with HDR pro. A chart will show up, click on browse to find the images that you took, then drag all of them to put into that chart, when you did that it will take awhile to load, because Photoshop is using its ''brain'' to work hard. You will see a lot of options on the right hand side when Photoshop is done with its job. Yes, it is totally different from the automatic HDR functions! You can edit however you want in Photoshop but the automatic one it just makes the lightning balance.

I took a landscape picture of a look out in my property. I wanted to show everyone some of the beauty things around them. I can't still believe that I am living on a beautiful island with so many amazing things surround it. For the portrait, I took a picture of my mom, I should have told her to not put her hand on the coconut tree so it would make it easier for me to put her in with the landscape photo without cutting her hand off! Anyway, if I get to do it again next time, it would be better, I learned a lesson ;).








16 comments:

  1. I like the background images.
    The cut out looks fake.
    I like the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice rule of thirds
    could of been more surreal
    nice pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. surreal
    the experiment is blurry
    the text is good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice landscape, it's very surreal.
    Your portrait needs a little work.
    Great text color it blends in with the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the landscape's clouds is super dramatic
    image is super grainy
    The exposure on the landscape

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool landscape
    The person is blurry
    The word looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Background is good.
    Cutout is fake, and it's blurry
    Almost rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sky looks nice
    She's really blury
    good job

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the word you used for the text!
    One thing that could be better is to fix the experiment because she looked a little stretched out.
    I also like the experiment photo!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Complement: Nice exposure on landscape
    Criticism: The experiment is blurry
    Complement: The text actually matches everything else

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful landscape and portraits as separates. The superimpose looks more fake than real, but good choice in text!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The background us really nice
    The lady is kinda blurry.
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love you landscape photo!
    I think you could've made the text a little bigger.
    I like the color you chose for your text.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the landscape!!!
    She looks stretched out a little.
    I love the portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Compliment:Great landscape
    Improvement: Hold down shift when moving the cut out
    Compliment:Great portrait

    ReplyDelete